My kids love candies and that's one thing I can't take away from them. So with a guilt feel on the side, I still give them candies. I just constantly remind them that candies are only "sometimes food" because too much candies can cause tooth decay and may not be good for their health. I also remind them to always drink water after munching on this sweet treats. Most of the times they listen to me but kids could sometimes be tricky, next thing you know they could be sneaking out candies from the refrigerator or worst buying candies at the school canteen. How I wished there's a healthy candy. I know a lot of mommies could relate to this.
And then here comes Vita Cubes, it was like an answered prayer! I learned about Vita Cubes for the first time when I attended my first ever Mommy Bloggers Philippines Christmas Party last year and they are one of the sponsors.
Vita Cubes is a product of Rebisco, a dominant player in the Philippine snack food industry with a growing global presence. It's a cube-shaped jelly candy that comes in five different flavors- strawberry, apple, grape, orange, and mango. Vita cubes is not just any candy, aside from being a delicious treat, it's fortified with essential vitamins and minerals that are important for growing up children.
Curious about the vitamins and minerals that come in every piece of Vita Cubes? Here they are:
- Lysine- Contains 70% of the child's Recommended Energy and Nutritional Intake (RENI). Aids the body in proper growth and energy production. Also helps in calcium absorption
- Zinc- Contains 70% of the child's RENI. Zinc is known to help in proper functioning of the immune and digestive systems, energy metabolism, and in increasing the rate of healing for wounds.
- Vitamin A- Contains 40% of the child's RENI. Helps in increasing the body's immunity to fight infections. Also plays an important role in ensuring healthy eyes and bone development.
- Vitamin B- Supplies 30-70% of the child's RENI. Promotes growth and strength. Stimulates child's memory in their formative years. Also helps boost the oxygen circulation in the body, especially the brain which in turn will improve concentration. Helps convert carbohydrates and fats into energy.
- Vitamin C- Supplies 30% of the child's RENI. Helps form and repair red blood cells, bones, and tissues. Helps your child's gums stay healthy. Strengthens your child's blood vessels, minimizing bruising from falls and scrapes. Helps cuts and wounds heal, boosts the immune system, and keeps infections at bay.
- Vitamin E- Supplies 45% of the child's RENI. Boosts the immune system and helps the body fight germs. Keeps blood vessels open wide enough for blood to flow freely. Helps the cells of the body work together to perform many important functions.
Now that's one yummy and healthy candy! And, it's an exciting feeling to know that I finally found the perfect treat that will cater to my kids wants and needs. You feel me, mommies, right?
And, last October 22, 2016 Vita Cubes held it's #VitaCubes2Good Fun Day at Active Fun BGC for Mommy Bloggers and their kids. I was one of the invited and I brought Tristan and Athena with me.
Remember the saying, when something's too good to be true it usually is? But not this time! Now you'll never feel guilty about giving your kids candies ever again. Besides it's already Haloween, Vita Cubes is the ideal candies to give out to kids for Trick or treat. So mommies stock up those Vita Cubes at home!
Vita Cubes is available in all Mercury Drug outlets, SM supermarkers, Robinson’s Supermarkes, Waltermart, Landmark, Puregold, and other leading supermarkets and grocery stores nationwide. It is also available in Mini Stop outlets.
Vita Cubes may be bought per box (which contains 10 pieces of 50g packs) or per individual 50g packs and the suggested retail price for a 50g pack is at PHP12. It's also available in singles for PHP1 per individually wrapped piece and may also be bought at sari-sari stores.