Just recently, the 3rd run of the Knorr #LutongNanay Campaign was held at The Cookery Place in BGC Taguig. Mommy Bloggers were divided into 4 groups and were assigned 4 different variations of #AsimKiligPaMore dishes. One of the group were assigned to cook Knorr Sizzling Sinigang. Sounds unusual and weird right? Sizzling? Sinigang? Is that even possible? we all asked. But yes, it is! And now, I'm sharing with you all this Sinigang with a twist recipe that your family and friends will surely enjoy!
- 500 grams Beef Short ribs
- 10 shallots or baby red onions\
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 5 cups water
- 2 strings French beans
- 2 Knorr Beef Cubes
- 1 ½ Tbsp Knorr Sinigang Mix (add more if preferred)
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. patis
- 2 tsp. Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- Roux: 3 Tbsp. butter + 3 Tbsp flour
1. Sear the short ribs in oil and butter until brown. Transfer the beef in a pressure cooker and add water only to cover the meat. Cook for 45 minutes or until meat is tender
2. Remove meat and liquid from pressure cooker.
3. In a pot, add 6 cups of liquid from pressure cooker and combine with Knorr Sinigang Mix and Beef Cubes. Bring the mixture to a boil then simmer. Season with patis and soy sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste.
4. While sinigang broth is simmering, prepare the entire garnish. Deep fry shallots (unpeeled) and the garlic cloves (unpeeled) until crisp. Set aside.
5. Fry tomatoes until skin cracks. Set aside
6. Fry the chopped garlic until golden brown. Strain and set aside.
7. Sauté the French beans for a few minutes. Set aside.
8. Prepare the roux- in a skillet, add butter, when melted, add the flour. Cook for 1 minute.
9. Use the roux to thicken the sinigang broth. Add the roux at a time to the broth while mixing with a whisk.
10. Start plating. Add the beef, beans, tomatoes, garlic and shallots on your serving sizzling plate.
11. Pour the sinigang broth on top of the plated dish top with garlic chips. Best served with cooked rice.