Sinigang with Pakwan recipe is something you'd never thought would be possible. The sweetness of the pakwan or watermelon gives the #AsimKiligPaMore Sinigang dish a cut above the rest. This is probably the dish that has the most number of ingredients but I would love to recreate this for my family because it's delicious and is just easy to prepare. This is definitely going to be a big hit on your next family gathering or any meal time. Sharing with you the recipe here, enjoy!
- 500 grams Pork Belly 3 inches x 1 inch slices
- 3 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 liter water
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, cut into 2 wedges
- 3 pcs tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only
- 2 pcs fresh kaffir leaves (optional)
- 200 grams gabi, sliced into cubes
- 500 grams seedless watermelon, peeled & cut into 1inch cubes (divided into 2 parts)
- 1 22-gram pack Knorr Sinigang sa Gabi mix
- 1 cube from Knorr Beef Cubes
- 2 long green chillies, sliced
- 150 grams sitaw, cut into 7 cm lengths
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, plus extra to taste
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 100 grams okra
- 1 bunch water kangkong
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Steamed rice, to serve
- fish sauce to serve
1. Marinate the pork belly in Knorr Liquid Seasoning for at least 30 mins.
2. Place a large casserole over medium-high heat. Add the oil and, working in batches, cook the pork until evenly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic and onions to the casserole. Add the tomatoes, ginger lemongrass, gabi and watermelon and cook for 2 minutes before returning the pork to the casserole.
4. Add the water, Knorr Sinigang Mix and Knorr Beef Cube. Cook for a further 1–1½ hours until the pork is almost tender.
5. When the pork is tender. Remove the pork from the casserole and set aside. Strain the liquid and add the fish sauce, soy sauce and pepper to taste.
6. Add the remaining watermelon, beans, and okra and cook for 20 minutes, before adding the water spinach and cooking for a further minute until all the vegetables are tender.
7. Serve with steamed white rice and fish sauce for dipping.
Check out other Knorr #AsimKiligPaMore Sinigang recipes here:Knorr #LutongNanay: Surf and Turf Sinigang Recipe