Let’s be honest, we often purchase prepaid load for our mobile phones or even go as far as getting a plan to stay in touch with important people, but how often are you able to keep in touch with how your health is doing? Wouldn’t it be assuring to know that we can communicate with our Doctors as much as we want and for once give importance to our health?
Well, why is it exactly important to consult a Doctor? All they do is prescribe the right medications if you’re sick, observes your symptoms and gives accurate diagnosis and most of all they make sure that you are healthy enough not just for yourself but for your love ones. Now if that’s not important enough then I don’t know what is.
In our family, we have this 2 to 3-day rule. Let’s say one of my kids had a fever and didn’t get better even after resting, taking the usual medications for fever and some TLC then we do rush him/her to the hospital for some professional advice. In times of trouble with breathing, chest pain, vomiting, allergies, coughing for weeks and many more is enough reason to go and pay a visit to your Doctor. There’s surprisingly a lot of reason to make you wish you have a health insurance.
I used to work in a company that provides Health Cards for me and my Family and we visit accredited hospitals to see our Doctors almost every month! It’s not just when we’re sick but when we want to monitor our health or simply maintain it. I felt safe and free from fears of sickness which made me see how important it is to have a health insurance as a part of our investment.
Doctors at private hospitals normally charge Php500 and above for their professional fee not to mention that there’s sometimes a need for follow up checkups. It’s no wonder why we think twice before going to our Doctors and do self-medications but at some point we still end up going there for the right diagnosis, prescriptions and advice.
I’m guilty of not really allotting or saving up a budget for medical consultations. I just deduct the expenses from our savings whenever needed which is quite a sum especially with three kids. Filipino’s are known to be reactive instead of preventive because of the cost of health care.
We always say that family comes first which is why for me it’s always important to be ready for unexpected sickness whether it’s through having savings or preparing to have a health insurance.
I do think that Filipinos should be preventive instead of being reactive in dealing with sickness because in a year, we can reduce the expenses for consultations as well as keep our body as healthy as possible. Don’t just do it for yourself, do it for your family.
It was last year, October 2015, when I attended the launch of PhilCare’s UnliConsult Cards and to be honest I’m very impressed at how they came up with a prepaid card for health insurance. I love everything from Unlimited Medical Consultations to Unlimited Consultations to Dental Clinics! It’s very helpful in my family in times when sudden sickness strikes especially to my little ones. I’d love to also maintain their pearly white teeth which can prevent low self-esteem when they grow up.
I strongly recommend the PhilCare UnliConsult cards most especially to those who don’t have one yet from work. It’s a good investment and as they say, health is wealth. It’s time to stop being unprepared and stop fearing the surprises that life throws us most especially sickness that can be prevented by getting the right health card, going to the right people and doing the right thing! Get yourself a PhilCare’sUnliConsult card and be free to live the life you deserve.
PhilCare understands that each age range has specific health concern, that’s why they developed three variants of the Unlimited Medical and Dental Consultation Cards according to the age of its users. Which are as follows:
UNLICONSULT Kids: 1 – 17 years old
Price: 3,700 pesos per year.
UNLICONSULT adults: 18 – 64 years old
Price: 3,600 pesos per year.
UNLICONSULT 65 years old and above
Price: 5,000 pesos per year.
All cards mentioned above allows you to avail unlimited consultation services from its national network of medical specialist and dentists in any of PhilCare’s accredited hospital or clinics for one year.
One year unlimited medical consultations with 5,500+ PhilCare accredited pediatricians for kids and over 9,500+ PhilCare accredited family medicine specialists, internal medicine specialists, cardiologists, endocrinologists, nephrologists, pulmonologists, and gastroentrologists for adults and 65+
One year unlimited dental consultations with Dental Network dentists with the following:
- Annual Dental Examination/Annual Oral Examination
- Unlimited Orthodontic or Aesthetic Consultation
- Gum Treatment for Lesions, Wounds and Burns Only except Alveolectomy and Gingivectomy
- Relief and/or Prescription for Acute Dental Pain
- Diagnosis of Oral Disease, Restorative and Prosthodonctic Treatment Planning
- Dental Nutrition and Dietary Counseling
- Dental Health Education through Chairside Instruction
- First Aid Treatment/Emergency Treatment
- Unlimited temporary Fillings
- Re-cementation of Loose Crowns, Inlays, Onlays and Fixed Bridges
- Simple Repair and Adjustment of Denture
- Simple Tooth Extraction/Unlimited Simple Extraction of an Unsavable Tooth
- Desensitization of Hypersensitivity Teeth
- Annual prophylaxis (light cases only)
Valid for one (1) year upon date of activation. Pre-existing conditions are covered. The only exceptions are maternity-related cases and cases related to all forms of behavioral disorders, developmental or psychiatric disorder and psychosomatic illness whether acquired or congenital.
HOW TO USE
1. Activate: Register your card through SMS indicating the person to be covered’s name, birth date, gender, and birthplace. The card can be used after 3 days from successful registration.
- Create a self-issued Letter of Authorization (LoA) and personalized consultation card at www.philcare.com.ph/consultationcards.
- Present LOA, personalized card and 1 valid ID with picture to chosen medical specialist.
- Download and print the personalized membership card at www.philcare.com.ph/consultationcards and present this with one (1) valid ID of the cardholder on the day of availment.
The unlimited consult cards make consultations easy, affordable and available for everyone! As what the PhilCare slogan says “PhilCare Makes Health Happen” and this is a testament to that commitment.
For more information you can visit their website.