Ube Halaya is pretty easy to make. You just have to mix all the ingredients together. The real challenge is mashing the ube or purple yum until it's soft and smooth. But, it's also good if you leave some purple yum chunks for you to munch on. Now I am confident to include my version of Creamy and Cheesy Ube Halaya for Noche Buena.
Here's how to make it:
Creamy and Cheesy Ube Halaya
- 1/2 kg purple yum, rinsed well, sliced. You can peel it if you want, but's it is easier to peel when it's cooked.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 pack 250 ml Nestle All Purpose Cream
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 tbsp cheese (more to make it cheesier)
1. Boil purple yam n just enough water until very tender. Mash and set aside.
2. Add Nestle All Purpose Cream, Evap, and vanilla extract.
3. Put the mixture back in the pan in low heat and continue to mix. Add butter.
4. When desired consistency is achieved, turn off the stove.
5. Brush lyanera or jar or any container with remaining butter. Transfer Ube Halaya and set aside to cool.
6. Transfer ube halaya on a serving plate. Grate cheese on top and serve.
I copied the recipe on the https://createwithcream.ph/ website and just tweaked some parts of it.