I always get a compliment from my kids every time I cook something special or something new. That's why no matter how busy I get, I try my best to cook for them. Remember when I shared about stocking up on easy to cook food? They are a life saver especially during crunch time, but of course, I still make it as special as possible.
Last time, I shared about how I whipped up something special out of the CDO Crispy Burger which is the Creamy Mushroom Burger Steak with Brocoli. Now I am sharing another recipe that I cooked tonight for dinner- Crispy Burger Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Buttered Mixed Veggies. The kids loved it and again I received an earful of compliments from them. It's like getting a 3 star Michelin rating, if I have my own resto. Haha!
You've probably cooked this before and you'll agree with me that it may be an easy recipe to cook but it takes time because you have to cook 4 different recipes. From frying the Crispy burger patties, cooking the veggies, mashed potatoes and the mushroom gravy. But, if you haven't cooked one yet, let me share with you my recipe.
Crispy Burger Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Buttered Mixed Veggies
1 pack of CDO Crispy Burger
1-2 large sized potatoes
5 tbsp stick butter
1 cup milk
salt and pepper
Mushroom Gravy Sauce
1 small can of mushroom
2-3 tbsp flour
beef broth (beef cubes dissolved in water)
Buttered Mixed Veggies
1 large carrot
1 small can of green peas
1 can of whole corn kernels
salt and pepper
1. Fry the Crispy Burger patties. Set aside.
2. Cook the Mashed potatoes. Peel and slice the potatoes into equal sizes. Boil in a hot water with salt for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
3. Drain the water. Mash the boiled potatoes.
4. Heat the cooking pan and add 5 tbsp butter and milk. Let it simmer until butter is fully melted.
5. Pour the milk and butter mixture into the boiled potatoes while mashing it.
6. While boiling the potatoes, you can cook your mushroom gravy. Melt butter in a pan and add the mushrooms. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
7. Dissolve flour in half cup of water, pour over the mushroom. Stir and let it simmer.
8. Pour the beef broth or beef cubes dissolved in water. Stir continuously and let it simmer. Add more water depending on your desired consistency. Set aside.
9. In a pan saute corn, carrots and green peas with butter. Saute until cooked.
10. Time for plating! You can plate it however you want. Crispy burger patties on top of the mashed potatoes then pour over the gravy and surround it with the mixed veggies or just like how I did it.
11. Serve and enjoy!
I am so glad the kids loved it. So to celebrate this small win and since it is Friday tomorrow, I paired my meal with a glass of Sparkling Juice. Non-alcoholic drink for now since I still have work tonight. By the way, did you notice the new look of CDO Crispy burger? It's totally different from my first post and I am liking this new look more! So next time you go to the grocery, don't be surprised if you don't see the first packaging.
Do you know other Crispy Burger recipes? Please share them on the comments below.