We're on our 3rd day of the kids' First Quarter exams, that's why I've been MIA on social media lately. Aside from this, I also have a lot of deadlines to meet. Ugh, so many things to do, so little time! Then here comes the struggle of thinking about what to cook. It has always been my struggle, let alone in times like these. I tried planning our weekly menu, it was okay but, most days hindi rin nasusunod. Hehe. So what I do is I stock up on easy to cook food like chicken nuggets, hot dogs, and one of the kids favorite, especially Tristan- CDO Ulam Burger and the CDO Crispy Burger.
The kids eat it as is. I just make a dip or sauce or cook soup. Viola, instant meal! But since I have extra time today, I whipped up something special to also motivate the kids on their exams. I cooked Creamy Mushroom Crispy Burger Steak- it's super easy to cook and kids' approved!
Let me share with you how I cooked it.
Creamy Mushroom Crispy Burger Steak with Broccoli
1 pack CDO Crispy Burger
Brocolli, as many as you want
1 pack All-purpose cream
1 small can of mushroom stems and pieces
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tbsp cooking oil
1-2 cup chicken broth or water
minced garlic and onion
salt and pepper
1 tbsp cornstarch for thickening
- Fry the CDO Crispy Burger according to package instructions. Set aside
- Heat cooking oil and butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the mushroom stems and pieces. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in broth or water and all-purpose cream. Stir from time to time and simmer for 5 minutes.
- To thicken the sauce, dissolve 1 tbsp cornstarch in 2 tbsp water or broth. Add to sauce and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce on top of the fried CDO Crispy Burger. Garnish with parsley.
- Finish the plating by adding the balanced broccoli.
How to blanch the broccoli.
- Boil salted water.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- While waiting for the broccoli to cook. Prepare a bowl of water with ice.
- After 2-3 minutes of boiling the broccoli, remove it from the water using a slotted spoon.
- Submerge the cooked broccoli in ice old water. When completely cool, drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
Mommies, if you are time-crunched and are struggling with what food to cook, try this one. I'm sure your kids will love it, bagay yung creamy sauce with the crispy goodness of CDO Crispy burger and broccoli to make it healthier. Enjoy!