This year, McDonald's once again invites families and friends to pledge their support for children's literacy at Stripes Run 2019. Now on its 10th year, McDonald’s Stripes Run 2019 run for reading will be help on December 1, 2019 at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds.
For the past 10 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) in the Philippines has been the beneficiary of McDonald's Stripes Run. Proceeds of the annual fun run go to the Ronald McDonald Read to Learn - a beginning reading program for Grade 1 and 2 public elementary school students. In partnership with DepEd, it aims to eradicate illiteracy among Filipino children. To date, the Ronald McDonald Read To Learn program has reached over 12 million students, trained over 28 thousand educators, and distributed more than 367 thousand books.
Registration is quick and easy, with three possible options to choose from:
1. Register and pay online at mcdostripesrun.com.ph.
2. Download the form on mcdostripesrun.com.ph and pay for the registration fee at select McDonald’s stores.
3. Register and pay at select McDonald’s stores (View list of stores at https://mcdostripesrun.com.ph/how-to-join)
At an affordable price, you get a race kit with a Stripes Run shirt, 1 pair of Stripes Socks, 1 Race Bib, 1 McDonald’s Longgadesal, and 1 Race Map. Exciting game booths and activities also await the entire family and barkada during the run!
Kids and adults alike are welcome to run for reading with the various running categories to choose from:
- Kiddie stripes (1K) – 8 years old and below
- Young stripes (3K) – 8-15 years old
- 3K stripes – 16 years old and up
- Family stripes (3K) – 2 kids (15 years old and below) and 2 adults (16 years old and up)
- 5K stripes – 16 years old and up
- Squad stripes (5K) – 4 adults (16 years old and up)
- 10K stripes – 16 years old and up