Time flies fast! It seems as though we just celebrated New Year and now it's already the month of March! From grand festivities with bountiful feast, we're now heading to the Holy Week. Philippines, being one of the only two predominantly Roman Catholic nations in Asia, it is a religious tradition to observe the Holy Week or Mahal na Araw. One of the popular practices observed during the Holy Week is fasting or meatless meals.
Just in time for the Holy Week, I have prepared yet another recipe using Uni-pak Mackerel in Natural Oil. It was also Holy Week last year when I first posted about Uni-pak and shared a recipe.
If you have been following my Instagram, you know that I am promoting healthy lifestyle. So this recipe that I am sharing with you is definitely diet friendly and is easy to prepare, this is what I had for dinner last night.
Here's the recipe:
Uni-Pak Mackerel Sandwich
2 cans of Uni-pak Mackerel (155 grams)
1-2 tsp of lime
mayonaise (amount depends on your preferred consistency)
1 tbsp of cream (optional)
1 cup of pineapple tidbits (optional)
1. Bone the Mackerel if desired
2. Mix Uni-pak Mackerel, minced onions, mayonnaise, cream and lime together
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. Spread on your bread of choice; whole grain bread for a healthier option
5. Add lettuce and pineapple in between (optional)
It's easy to prepare and it tastes good! This is ideal for people on the go, you can prepare it the night before and have it for breakfast or even for lunch!
For a change, try switching from tuna to Mackerel. It tastes equally good but more affordable. Uni-pak Mackerel already tastes good on its own and surprisingly, there are a lot of different dishes you can come up with it. Indeed Uni-pak Mackerel is a must have in every household; hindi basta nakasanyan the best na yan!
You made it this far, and for that I am once again giving a Uni-Pak Mackerel gift pack to 1 lucky reader! Winning is easy peasy, simply follow the steps below.
3. Share this post on FB with the hashtags: #ShesTheMomxUniPakMackerel #PakNaPak #ShesTheMomGiveaway
4. Re-gram this post on IG with the hashtags: #ShesTheMomxUniPakMackerel #PakNaPak #ShesTheMomGiveaway
5. Comment you shared posts here. Make sure all your shared posts are set to public so I can check.
Winner will be drawn using online random picker. Giveaway is until March 18, 2018!
M2 Malunggay, Okra and Luya Tea Drink giveaway is still up, you may join here.