The internet can be a fun place full of cute animals, toddlers taking their first steps and then falling over, or people walking into poles. It is easy for people to get sucked into the many things the internet has to offer, between online shopping and social media there is often not much time left for self growth. When it comes to the internet's educational value, people can often procrastinate with all the fun things it has to offer. Have a look at some of these engaging websites that promise to teach you something new while providing hours of entertainment at the same time.
Friday, April 21, 2017
Thursday, April 20, 2017
If you are a fan of coffee or have ever taken coffee in your life, you can bear me witness that this beverage has something unique in it. It gives you a feeling you can't get in any other drink. Leave alone its sweet taste, this drink has something else which soothes our mind.
Can you imagine how you feel when you take a sip of coffee? It's a great feeling, isn't it?
Well, coffee contains one main substance which makes it popular. This is none other than caffeine.
When I talk of caffeine, I know you think of a stimulant. Yes, caffeine is a strong stimulant but believe you me, caffeine is more than a stimulant.
It has several benefits in our body which have even baffled many researchers.
Coffee and the Americans are one single thing. Most of them can't live without a daily cup of coffee. This is why coffee shops have sprouted up ike mushrooms in every part of America. There are several ways to make coffee. One of the best and unbeatable method is by using a coffee maker.
A coffee maker will give you an opportunity to brew your own coffee at the comfort of your home. Other than this, there are other several reasons why a person would want to invest in a coffee maker. In this article, I will discuss some of these reasons.
1. The first main reason why you may want to invest in a coffee maker is convenience. This machine is just what a coffee lover needs. By just placing your coffee grounds in a filter and a push of a button, you are able to brew your own hot coffee in a few minutes.
2. Another reason of investing in a coffee maker is that this machine can be programmed. What do I mean? Suppose you want a hot cup of coffee at exactly 7 am, you can program this machine to make coffee at exactly that time.
3. Also, when you invest in a good coffee maker, you can be able to make different types of gourmet coffee such professional grade latte and espresso by just pressing buttons.
4. Using a coffee maker is time saving. Some people don't have enough time to make coffee using other methods, hence this method can be beneficial to them.
5. Coffee makers come in different sizes. There are large machines which can make enough coffee for a family. You can get one which can make 12 cups which is enough for even an extended family! They also feature a warming plate where you can warm your coffee at any time.
6. Since coffee makers use coffee grounds rather than instant coffee to brew coffee, you can make use of the used grounds instead of disposing them down the sink which can cause clogged drains. Used grounds can be used as fertilizer in gardens, making of candles, exfoliating the skin among other uses.
7. Lastly, brewing coffee is fun, a lot of fun indeed. Actually, with a coffee maker, you can brew coffee depending on your taste. Also, a coffee maker can be used in a coffee shop for business purpose.
Without doubt, buying a coffee maker is a real investment. If you love hot coffee, then this machine is just what you need. However, you need to invest in the best coffee maker for the maximum savings.
Why waiting? Get yourself a coffee maker today!
One of the challenges most mom's face is planning meals for the family every single day. I actually find myself getting stuck in a rut. I end up cooking a certain meal for each day of the week and just repeat the same menu every seven days. And, for a working mom like me, when I get time crunched, I would resort to ready to eat or instant meal such as frozen foods and canned goods. While this might be a convenient way to eat, it's not very exciting. That's why it is important for every mom to take some time to mix things up and learn new recipes.
Last week was the Holy week or the Lenten Season, and as a Catholic, we observe meatless meals. So last week, especially during Maundy Thursday and Good Friday, we only had fish.
There are so many dishes to try and it doesn't have to take up a lot of your time or energy. That's one thing I realized when I learned to cook Mackerel Sinigang using Uni-Pak Mackerel which is now a new addition to my to-go-to recipe list.
Everyone at home loves Sinigang, even the kids. It's delicious and it is also one way for me to feed them vegetables. And now, I'm glad that there are different variants of Sinigang that I can easily prepare.
Apart from that, using Uni-Pak Mackerel has many health benefits! It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help fight cardiovascular disease, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, and helps in the development of a baby. It is also a good source of Vitamin D and protein.
At first, when I told Jaear that I'm going to cook Mackerel Sinigang, he gave me a strange look, even more, when I told him that I will only be using Calamansi and not the usual tamarind. Though, we only have few calamansi left that's why I opted to add a little amount of tamarind powder. And guess what, it actually taste good!
Here's the quick and easy recipe:
- 1 can of 425g Uni-Pak Mackerel in Natural oil, drained (set aside the broth)
- okra cut into 3 pieces
- tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium sized onion, quartered
- 10 pcs. calamansi, juiced
- 3-4 pcs. green chili (siling haba)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, place the water, tomatoes, and onion. Boil until the tomatoes are tender.
2. Add the Uni-Pak Mackerel broth and simmer for 1 minute.
3. Add the Mackerel, salt, pepper and calamansi juice.
4. Add the okra, kangkong, and green chilli.
5. Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy!
That's one quick and easy recipe that will surely be a hit with everyone! I didn't expect that Mackerel can actually be cooked in so many ways, no wonder why Uni-Pak Mackerel is one of household favorites, hindi basta nakasanyan the best na yan!
Now, here's the exciting part! 1 lucky reader will get a chance to win Uni-Pak Mackerel gift pack. Yey! And winning is soo easy. Here's how:
1. LikeUni-Pak Mackerel Facebook Page
2. Like She's The Mom Facebook Page
3. Share this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/shesthemom/posts/765226846974754
don't forget to include the hashtags: #Unipak #PakNaPak #TatakUnipak #ShestheMom
don't forget to include the hashtags: #Unipak #PakNaPak #TatakUnipak #ShestheMom
4. Comment below the link to your shared post. You can do this more than once, just make sure to comment the link to each of your shared post.
1 winner will be chosen from all valid entries using online randomizer and gift pack will be shipped by Uni-Pak to the winners home address.
Contest will run from April 20, 2017 until the 24th and 1 winner will be announced on April 25th. Good luck!
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Coming into the summer months can be just as expensive for parents as it is around the holiday season. Kids seem to grow more - it’s actually proven - and favorite clothes quickly become a distant memory as gangly limbs sprout out of them awkwardly. With that in mind, as well as some other things that seem to take a good bashing of our wallet to sort out, what can we do to keep our bank accounts happy in the warmer weather?
When we become parents for the first time, many of us are shocked at just how hard it can be. Social media and the mass media both give us a very rose-tinted view of what parenting and motherhood should be like. After all, if you scroll down the Instagram feeds of most mothers, or mom bloggers, you will notice that everything looks pretty cushty. What we all tend to forget, however, is that it only looks this way because the person behind the account has made it look so. Very few people show the true realities of parenthood on their social media feeds - all the arguing, the crying, the tantrums and the health issues that come along with it. It is the latter that is particularly interesting, as many mothers experience a whole myriad of health problems as their children are growing up, but so few people talk about it. Here are some of the most common ones and what you can do if you think you may be suffering from them.